Thursday, April 15, 2010

Welcome Home


Just taking a quick break from the summer-like sunshine outside here! My daughter was so not happy with me when I told her it was nap time. I kept trying to explain to her that we can play outside after her nap too...not sure she agreed with me! Finally sung her to sleep with Baa, Baa, Black Sheep (about 50 times...ok I might be exaggerating a tad, but it was a lot!).

I am very excited for the weekend. My brother whom was stationed in Qatar for a year is home and he and his wife are coming up for a visit! Yeah! Plan is to have some no kid time and some kid time, the best of both worlds! Anyway, this card is for him (he is actually on Facebook now, so Gregg if you are seeing this, forgot you ever saw it...got it!). I have been wanting to participate in the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenges for awhile now, so I was glad that I finally did one. This is Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #108 (see it below). I of course had to welcome him home in Red, White, and Blue...well more Burgundy, Navy, and Vanilla but whatever! I stamped the flag from a Studio G dollar section in Graphite Black and then in Night of Navy. The Night of Navy one I colored in with some Burgundy Marker and cut it out.

I used some patterned paper from JoAnns (no idea who the manufacturer is though) to make up all of the different boxes. Then I paper pierced all around the outer edge. I also hit another challenge, There She Goes Challenge #50, to incorporate pleats into your card. Since it is for my brother, I didn't want to use ribbon, so pleated some ribbon, crumpled it, distressed the edges, and then re-pleated it to put on the card front. I really like how it turned out!

Well there you have it. Hope the weather by you is as nice as it is here...now I need to go outside and do some yardwork! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - Studio G; Paper - Bravo Burgundy, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Patterned paper from JoAnns; Ink - Night of Navy, Bravo Burgundy Marker, Brilliance Graphite Black; Accessories - scissors, paper piercer, Mat Pack, dimensionals

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails