Monday, February 1, 2010

Opening Ceremonies

So my friend (hi Steph!) and I participated in our first Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) on SplitCoast Stampers. It was so much fun...although they do challenge you sometimes, so our brains felt a little exhausted at the end...or maybe that was just the frustration of the VSN forum acting up. The second challenge wasn't uploaded until 8:30 instead of 8 pm. But the moderators did a fantastic job of making up for the very slow uploading. My cards turned out fairly good...there is probably little things that I would change on some of the cards if I gave myself more time, but I found I could make a decent card in 45 minutes!

Anyway, the first challenge was titled Opening Ceremonies. We were to pick a flag of one of the countries that participate in the Winter Olympics and create a card based on those colors. I couldn't not pick team USA, so my colors were Red, white, and blue. Sticking with the winter theme (not that we had to, but for some reason I did) I chose to use an old SU! set, Bundled Up.
I actually pieced the sweater together before I realized that my friend actually had a red marker (if I would have known I would have just colored the stamp) and cut it out. The snowflake border was stamped along the top and bottom in Whisper White Craft ink. Final touch was white gel pen dots around the Night of Navy strip (trying to tie it to the dots on the sweater).

Now here is Steph's card...she knows I took pictures of her cards, so I hope that means she didn't care that I show them here. Any love you leave for her, I will happily pass along!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Bundled Up, All Year Cheer I; Paper - Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White; Ink - Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White Craft; Accessories - White Gel Pen, dimensionals

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails