Saturday, February 6, 2010

Big Heart Valentine

Just a quick post...well as quick as I can be sometime! I need to be getting things done so that I am ready to leave for a Florida vacation on Monday. It is not super warm where I am going, but it will be warmer than here! My sister and I are taking my kids down to visit both sets of their grandparents (my parents and my husband's parents both"winter" in the same location). So with the grandparents around, I am hoping I might get to sit back and relax for a little bit too!!

Anyway in keeping with my quick post idea...this is my card using the current Mojo Monday Sketch...Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #124. I actually did a little double duty on this card. One I got the Valentine's Day card done for my son (now to remember to pack it with me!), I participated in the Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge to do the emboss resist technique, and I got my Mojo on! Yeah me! Anyway the image is from Happy Heart Day from Stampin' Up! Sorry you are seeing a lot of this one...I think it is one of my few Valentine themed sets! The heart image is from an old SAB set, Mini Messages. I did the emboss resist technique on the background behind the elephant...wasn't planning on the whole heart cloud thing at first, but I like how it turned out that way! I did a little cut grass under my elephant (that was embossed and cut out by the way) and tried to repeat the cut grass look below the sentiment...think I got more of a grass skirt look there, but fun nonetheless. The red panel was embossed with the Cuttlebug Heart Blocks embossing folder. I think that about sums it up for the card.

Have a great remainder of the weekend...I need to get packing. I am a little nervous about flying with my kids...I have never flown with them before. Thankful my sister is coming along, but still nervous my daughter is going to scream (and mind you she can hit octaves and decibels I have never heard before...and probably won't be able to hear again because she does this kind of screaming right into my ear) the entire flight. Wish me luck! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Happy Heart Day, Mini Messages (SU!); Paper - Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Green Galore (SU!), Basic White (PTI); Ink - Versamark, Bashful Blue, Real Red; Accessories - Stardust Stickles, Cuttlebug Block Hearts Embossing Folder (Provo), Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), white gel pen (Signo), stitched red grosgrain ribbon (unknown), dimensionals, scissors

2 comments:

Jennifer Moore said...

love the grass "skirt"

Anita said...

Cute card! Enjoy your trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails