Sunday, July 5, 2009

Seeing Stars

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July! We went to my parents house to pick up the kids after two wonderful days without them (we were ready to get them back though). It was actually very cool...we drove home last night between 9 - 11 pm. Ok that isn't the cool part...the cool part was how much fireworks we saw on the drive. For about an hour my son had the best time looking out for all of the fireworks...he got so excited every time he spotted some. This was the best way for him to experience the fireworks...he hates loud noises so we usually tend to avoid the fireworks shows because of the noise.

We had some of our good friends over for dinner on Friday night and one of the guys was celebrating his birthday. So I put this card together for him. Plus I just got my FREE Verve set from my random win (and another set I ordered to go with it!), so I was excited to get them inked up! I started with the current Mojo Monday Sketch #93 and some recently retired Stampin' Up! DSP, Rainbow Sherbert. Stamped and cut out a bunch of Stars from both the Seeing Stars and Starlight Starbright Verve sets in various colors. They made up the "image" panel and then the sentiment "Wishing you a day filled with Possibility" with the oval star background (cut out by had due to lack of an oval punch!) covered the oval element of the sketch.


Since this was a guy card, I skipped all of the scallops that were in teh sketch and just did one torn edge. I added some Apricot Appeal ribbon, even though it is a guy card, and believe me it matched much better in person than how is showed up on camera...weird! Anyway, I cut out three more stars for the upper right corner and dressed them up a bit with punched out pieces of the circle DSP and some of the fake (cheap!) dew drops. I love the little touch that those added especially with the punch out pieces of DSP underneath.

That is all for me...I am busy trying to work on a Catalog Kickoff Party and a future Stamp Camp...so not sure how much of that I will be showing yet. I am due a couple of birthday and what not cards though this week, so I will show you those (when I make them!). Thanks for stopping by my engineering world!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Seeing Stars (Verve Stamps), Starlight Starbright (Verve Stamps); Paper - Rainbow Sherbert DSP, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Whisper White; Ink - Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore, Gable Green; Accessories - Apricot Appeal 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Fake Dew Drops (from Michael's), Crop-a-Dile, dimensionals

4 comments:

Nicole said...

This is wonderful, Andrea! Really pretty! Love the dew drop accents, just yummy!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just so pretty! I love the colors you used. Thanks for playing! :)

Deborah Young said...

So cute, Andrea!!!! I am lovin' my free stamps too. Woohooo!!!

Carolyn King said...

what a fun card...love the center of the stars!

Related Posts with Thumbnails