Sunday, August 7, 2011

Monster Party Time

I think the month of July was skipped or something.  Seriously, how is it August already?!  July must have been a very busy month...we did have two trips in there...because it felt like it just flew by!  


So I think I am sneaking this card in a little early, but I didn't want to interfere with the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop later today, so better early than late, right?  There is (or at least there will be) a new Makeover Challenge on the PMS Blog and it is to use the sizzling colors of summer (reds, oranges, and yellows).  With the amount of heat we have had (and it is nothing to compared to those in the South) I have felt these colors frequently!  I also used the current Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #202.  The triangles still throw me off some, but they are growing on me!  Anyway, I paper pieced Spike together and pulled my "Sizzling Summer" colors together with a lot of black and a bit of white.  Perfect for my hubby turning one year older!  The sentiment from the Celebrations Set was then stamped in white.


Make sure you check out all of the details for the Makeover Challenge on the PMS Blog...and hey if I am early like I think I am, you will get a head start!  Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - Spike, Celebration Sentiments (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron (SU!); Ink - Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Craft White (SU!); Accessories - Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Photo Corner Punch (SU!), dimensionals, scissors

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY...great use of that sketch...I took one look at it and said "NO WAY".

Michelle VP said...

Such a fun guy card! Love how your triangles turned out. :)

Buffy said...

Super card Andrea. Love the vibrant colours.

Debbie Carriere said...

Andrea, I love this!!! Awesome colors and fun image. Great card!! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails