Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bridal Shower Sweet Stop

I have been a busy little bee on my end. See my husband's cousin is getting married and I am helping throw her a bridal shower this weekend. She is an amazing woman and it may have taken longer than she expected to find her "One", but it was all worth the wait! And man are we helping her celebrate. So for her shower I did the invitations, party favor boxes, and an advice tree...all of this you will see in another post...really hoping she is excited about all of it as I am! So even though my week prior has been a lot of really late nights, it was all worth it to celebrate with her this weekend.

So obviously I needed a Bridal Shower card for her party, so I used the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #60 to create one. Now I will admit I took some artistic liberties here and I will say that I followed the guide of the sketch and not the specifics. Does my card look anything like the sketch? Anyway the flower from Verve Stamp's Beautiful You was stamped and embossed in black twice on the Pomegranate Splash cardstock and once on the Raspberry Cream patterned paper. Then I pieced it together and gave it some dimension. A large pearl sticker finished it off nicely! The greeting was embossed in black as well on the oval shape...my oval went a different direction that the sketch, but it is an oval...more than I can say about the flower that is taking the place of a rectangle! The same patterned paper was used for the strip across the card and I embossed the shimmer white (hard to capture that shimmer on the camera) cardstock with the Textile embossing folder. Then the card was finished with a white satin ribbon.

Now go check out the creations by the other Sugar Babies: Audrey, Candace, Dana, Julie, Kathy, Kelli, Nancy, Renata, and the Sugar Mama, Korin. Better yet make a card with the sketch and link it up to the Sweet Stop blog. Have fun creating and thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Beautiful You (Verve Stamps), So Many Sayings (SU! - retired); Paper - Pomegranate Splash (Bazzill Basics), Shimmer White, Basic Black (SU!), Bittersweet Raspberry Cream (Basic Grey); Ink - Versamark; Accessories - Pearl Stickers (Oriental Trading), white satin ribbon (Offray), Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder (Provo), Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop Edge Punch (SU!), black embossing powder, scissors, dimensionals

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Very elegant! :)

Irena said...

Stunning card, lovely color combo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails