Monday, January 25, 2010

Sweet Gymnastics

Well it is a cold start to the week here. Yesterday we had a day of warmer weather (not sure it quite reached 50 degrees), but it was enough to take the chill out of the air and melt all of the snow...made our second snowman finally topple over...he had been leaning since the second day we made him! But today...today the chill is definitely back and I feel I have to struggle to stay warm. It is only in the 20's, but I think it feels worse because of that warmer day. Makes me look forward to (hopefully) warmer weather when I take the kids to Florida to visit their grandparents that "winter" down there.

So I thought I would share another scrapbook page with y'all. My son started gymnastics a year and a half ago...still loves it, so we continue to sign him up...very curious to see how far he takes it or if he does at all...one of those times I would love a time machine just so I could see real quick into the future! Anyway, while at the scrapbook event that I made this page at, one of the vendors had gymnastics paper...and it wasn't all girl gymnasts pictures nor was it all pink and girly! So I bought some and used it here. It makes up the background for the page...love it! I once again used a sketch from PageMaps and I stuck to the sketch pretty close on this one. The stars are from the Verve Stamps set Seeing Stars and they were stamped and embossed on the colored cardstock and then cut-out by hand. The title was created with the Cricut Schoolbook (I think!) cartridge...the Cricut is my sister's so I don't have it to verify...and I hand drew the white lines with a white gel pen so that they would look like the stars. The journaling took a little bit due to the fact that you cut out each word, but I like the look. I am going to apologize in advance for my lack of remembering what kind of paper I use on my scrapbook pages! I usually can remember the patterned stuff, but a lot of the solid stuff I don't pay attention to...sorry!

Well off to try and stay warm and maybe do a little stamping! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - Seeing Stars (Verve Stamps); Paper - Yellow (unknown), Gymnastics (Reminisce), Baby Safari Boy Small Dots (Little Yellow Bicycle); Ink - Whisper White Craft (SU!); Accessories - Cricut Schoolbook Cartridge (Provo Craft), red rick-rack (JoAnn Essentials), white gel pen (Signo), White embossing powder (SU!), heat gun, dimensionals

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautiful page! Great sketch site. Thanks for the info.

Related Posts with Thumbnails