Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hot Chocolate Anyone?



Wow is this a crazy time of year or what?! I will freely admit that I have not been well organized (starting my Christmas cards in December for example), but man I swear I feel like I am barely staying afloat! I am getting lots done (and I have recorded it), but popping in here to show off has been very low on the priority list. Hoping that things have settled down here now: Christmas cards made and sent, cookies baked, teacher gifts made and given out, presents bought and almost all wrapped, some handmade gifts made and a few more to make. Now I am trying to get ready for hosting Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve...ahhh!

Anyway, the reason I am here is to show you a cool little gift that I made for my son's classmates for Christmas. Now I take absolutely no credit for the recipe or idea. I saw a blog entry from an amazing Mom, Amy, at The Idea Room (btw, if you want a place to get awesome ideas to do with the kids, get organized, etc, you NEED to follow her blog...how she does it I will never know, but I have gotten many awesome ideas from her!) for Hot Chocolate on a Stick. She got the idea from a fellow blogger, Amber, at the Giver's Log. Amber gives great instructions, so I will not repeat them here. I will say that I used Ghirardelli Baking Bars and I had a big difference in consistency turnout between the Semi-Sweet vs. Milk Chocolate. I have no idea why, but just thought I would note that, although it tasted great either way!


I made them and then put them in bags with some ribbon and a note for instructions. I decorated them very simply, mainly because I was short on time, but also because they were going to 4 year olds! But overall I thought they turned out cute...and let me tell you they are good! Just writing about them, makes me want one!! And just to give you the full effect of 22 yummy Hot Chocolate on a Sticks:









Now go make your own!!!

4 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

super cute! And i didnt know about the idea room! I'll have to check it out!

Maren said...

Super adorable & fun!! :) Love this idea.
Thank you for sharing,
Maren Benedict
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Thanks so much for the kind words and the link! Yours turned out so cute! I love that you dipped it in the chocolate on the side. It makes it a lot more fun!

Country Mouse said...

These do look so yummy! And cute! I will have to look up the instructions for later use! Thanks for sharing!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails