Friday, May 22, 2009

Bright Bloomin' Mojo

I seriously don't know how people end up with a lot of extra cards...I swear I can barely keep up with the cards I actually want to send out, let alone make extras!  Anyway, as my list is updated for the next month, I am finishing off the cards I need for this month.  A fabulous birthday card for a wonderful friend.  

This card is a duo challenge card like my last one was...love it when I do this.  I feel such a sense of accomplishment because I have done two things at once...talk about multitasking!  So here I used the current (yes I am finally on a current one!) Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, MOJO87, and a current Color Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, CC219.  So I will say that the color challenge intimated me for a bit...the two bold brights...mostly the Brilliant Blue.  I really wasn't sure I was going to like it, but then it grew on me!  Plus I had these small self-adhesive blue rhinestones...so a little bling made it all better!  So here I used the Eastern Blooms stamp set and tediously colored the two flower stamps with markers to get the pretty multi-colored flower.  I wanted some sort of patterned paper for the background square piece, but I had nothing that would work...so I made my own with a small flower from the Eastern Blooms set.  It was too plain at first so I pierced holes along the edges of it.  Layered the flower on some circle and then a scallop circle nestabilities...the rest of it pretty much speaks for itself.

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by my engineering world!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Eastern Blooms, All Year Cheer I; Paper - Brilliant Blue, Rose Red, Only Orange, Whisper White; Ink - Rose Red, Only Orange, Brillant Blue, Rose Red Marker, Only Orange Marker; Accessories - Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Blue Rhinestones (bought at JoAnns in jewelry section), Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, dimensionals

2 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I like how you paper pierced.

Tenia Nelson said...

Nicely done!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails