Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baptism Prayers

I wanted to participate in Julee's Poetic Artistry Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge Contest, but I kept putting it off. I have a stamp camp and baptism coming up so I have been focused on those. Anyway, I created the baptism invitations for my daughter and decided I would try Julee's sketch challenge for some baptism thank yous. The baptism invitation that the thank you was based on is the second card in this post.


I bought Verve Visual's Notes of Prayer set specifically for the cross image...I have been looking for a great cross for baptism invitations. I embossed the cross in black, colored the center, and added some pink stickles. I can't stop using my Cuttlebug, so once again I reached for the wonderful D'Vine Swirls.


I pulled out the retired Petal Prints to get the leaf pattern on the Pretty in Pink paper. I love the subtly and visual interest it generated. The Thank you card has most of the same elements as my invitation, but it ended up being a little more time consuming than the invitation...which is best I guess...one of the two should be easier to make right?!

So this is the actual baptism invitation. Pretty basic, so not much to say. I love the cross below the main image...highlights the main image cross!

It is now official...I am no longer employed! I turned in my resignation on Friday. A little scary, but I think that I have come to peace with the decision to stay at home. Not much else...too tired to think right now!!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Notes of Prayer (Verve Visual), Petal Prints (retired); Paper - Basic Black, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink; Ink - Versamark, White Craft, Pretty in Pink; Accessories - Cotton Candy Stickles, Black embossing powder, heat gun, D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder, Black brads

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the pink and black. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

Congrats on deciding to stay at home. Although scary, it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Related Posts with Thumbnails