Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Get Well Sketch Challenge

I did this one a few days ago and didn't get a chance to share it. This is from a sketch challenge at i{heart}2stamp. Jen del Muro has a great blog with lots of great samples and ideas. She also features a guest designer once a month.

Anyway, back to the challenge. Jen posted a card sketch on her blog....not sure how often she does it, but they are usually pretty good. If you would like to see the sketch this card was based on, click here.

I turned the sketch on its side mainly because my truck image didn't fit the other way. I needed a get well card for my husband's Uncle, so I knew I wanted to use the little saying on the card. I used ink from my ink pads and a blender pen to color in the truck. Since I didn't use a waterproof ink for the truck, I tried to stay away from the edges, hence the odd coloring I did. Although I think I kinda like it! Putting the saying on there didn't quite go as well as I had hoped. The extra vanilla piece on the side was added to cover up my first attempt! In the end it turned out pretty good...not my best, but I'm happy.

The Engineering Details
Stamps: Loads of Love
Ink: Garden Green, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip (classic inks and markers)
Paper: Garden Green, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Chocolate grosgrain ribbon (this size retired...so sad), Hodgepodge Hardware - Pewter, sponge, ticket corner punch, Crop-A-Dile (to put the embossed brads in the two corners...did you notice them?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails